K-12 Teachers in Illinois can apply for $300 Project Grants from IAITC that incorporate agriculture themes into content area classrooms.
The Project Grant application period has ended. Please check back in Spring 2023 for the 2023-2024 Book Grant offerings!
Illinois Agriculture in the Classroom offers grants of up to $300 to pre-school through high school teachers across the state of Illinois to fund projects promoting agricultural literacy in the classroom.
To apply for project funding, please complete the grant application outlining the project, goals, and desired outcomes.
- Projects may be, but are not limited to, agricultural teaching units, classroom presentations, and career fairs. Be creative and develop an interesting, valuable agricultural experience for your students.
- Projects should focus on integrating agriculture into a variety of curriculum areas.
- Priority for grants will be given to grants that contain materials for use over multiple school years.
- High school ag teachers may apply with an elementary teacher if their classes or FFA Chapters are working on an agriculture literacy unit. Grants and materials must reflect an Agricultural Literacy theme or component.
- Incomplete grants, or grants that request consumables, will not be considered. This grant will not fund consumable items. Funding for field trips, landscaping, plants, incubators and one time use consumables will not be granted.
In the past, grant reviewers have looked more favorably upon grants with a direct agriculture connection. Reviewers also recommend that your grant request be used in whole for a specific project rather than linked to other potential funding.
You may contact your county Ag Literacy Coordinator for help with this application.
Application deadline is Friday, October 14, 2022.
Teachers selected for project funding will be notified via email on or before November 11, 2022.
If selected, a Funding Agreement must be completed and signed by the teacher and building principal. The deadline to complete the form is December 9, 2022. Funding Agreements not completed by the 12/9/22 deadline will forfeit the grant.
A Final Report/Project Evaluation is due by Friday, May 26, 2023.