Tis the season to be thankful! Check out all of our lessons, videos, and other resources all related to the December holidays!
Christmas Tree Resources
Illinois Ag in the Classroom is excited to offer the following resources for teaching students about Christmas Trees:
- Christmas Trees Handout
- Recommended Reading
- Interview with Patricia Toht, author of "Pick a Pine Tree"
- Christmas Tree Lessons
- Interview with a Christmas Tree Farmer
Scroll down to view and download the resources!
Christmas Trees Handout
Read about the history and production of Christmas Trees and meet some Christmas Tree farmers!
- Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry
- Christmas Farm by Mary Lyn Ray
- Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
- Pick a Pine Tree by Patricia Toht
- Carpenter's Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree by David Rubel
Winter / Tree Books:
- This Very Tree by Sean Rubin
- Sleep Tight Farm by Eugenie Doyl
- Zee Grows a Tree by Elizabeth Rusch
Have a visit with Patricia Toht, author of Pick a Pine Tree!
Watch this brief interview with the author of Pick a Pine Tree, one of our favorite evergreen tree books, to hear about her holiday traditions, her upcoming books, and more!
IAITC Christmas Tree Lessons
Click the picture to view the lesson!
How are Christmas trees grown in Illinois?
Watch this interview with Brian Helmig, a Christmas tree grower from McLean County, Illinois to learn more about how Helmig Tree Farm grows their trees!
What do chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys all have in common? THEY'RE POULTRY! Check out all of our egg-cellent lessons on poultry!
Every year October rolls around and what does that mean Illinois? PUMPKINS! Check out "All Things Pumpkins" to discover Illinois' connection to this famous gourd!